Our social entrepreneurship program has three main aims, firstly, to help make sure you’re actually pursuing the right path especially around environmental-related careers, secondly, to help make you employable and thirdly to make sure you’re self-sufficient and can apply the entrepreneurial skills that will benefit you in terms of starting you own business, social enterprise, environmental project or non-profit organisation. We help you create your own "work experience"
This all ensures you know what you want, you have the real-world critical skills (the stuff you won’t learn at university) and have a “plan B” for your future, your own business and/or something which can clearly set you apart from the rest of the bunch if job hunting!
We believe EVERY young person should have the basic skills needed to plan and run a small business.
When you leave the course, we want you to have a better understanding of yourself and where you are going. We want you to have a plan, a plan for now and a big dream for the future. We want you to be able to start carving your niche the very next day. We want you to feel inspired and have hope for the future. If we get this right, then we also have hope. Come join us! We have a limited number of new students each month to ensure we're able to focus our attention on your individual needs.
“Governments are not equipped to solve all of the world’s problems – nor should they be – and are looking for innovative solutions from the private sector. Social entrepreneurs will play a vital role” ~ Siri Terjesen. Global Entrepreneurship monitor
Who Is This Course For
Who should do this course?
Any school leaver, graduate, postgraduate or young job seekers who want to make our planet a better place and have an interest in environmental or social issues, especially those who want to explore the various career directions you can take and interested in social entrepreneurship / starting your own business.
Finding that perfect job in the environmental sector can be daunting. We help you understand what employers need, how to get your foot in the door and ensure you’re fully aware of all the exciting options and opportunities available to you beyond what you expect. In our experience, 90% of the CV’s we receive each month clearly show us that they have very little understanding of what the job actually involves and more worrying, they’re unable to tell us “why” they should be considered.
Needing the experience to find a job, but can’t find a job without experience, we understand the conundrum and have put together a comprehensive set of modules and learning materials to (cleverly) help you overcome this hurdle by creating your own work experience.
Our Unearthed Social Entrepreneurship program includes formal online training modules, but the real value is the one on one sessions with you to ensure that we can:
- Expose you to a range of options in the conservation, environmental and other social entrepreneurship sectors that have a positive impact on our planet ...avenues that you've probably not thought of.
- Help you understand what the various environmentally-related jobs actually entail (it’s probably not what you think)
- Make sure you’re following the right path (there’s probably options you have not even thought about)
- Guide you and connect you with the right people
- Work with you to craft your own project, non-profit or business / social enterprise …giving you vital business and life skills through our Unearthed Social Entrepreneurship Program
- Give you training in marketing, budgeting, proposal writing, tenders and networking, the real skills you will need to succeed
- Create your own work experience
Ultimately our goal is to give you options, opportunities and skills to make a positive impact on the world and start your journey!