Unearth Your Potential
Our five day Social Entrepreneurship Expeditions include everything in our online Social Entrepreneurship Training Programme with a direct and focused effort around finding your own niche. This includes time in the wilderness, on foot, sleeping under the stars, a proven recipe for creativity and self discovery.
- The programme includes a Wilderness Trail experience and requires a basic level of fitness and health. We have a maximum of 8 people per programme intake.
- 20—24 January 2022
- 19-23 February 2022
- 27 April - 1 May 2022
- 11-15 June 2022
- Rates are all inclusive of:
- Transport from Durban (King Shaka Airport)
- All meals and accommodation
- Wilderness Trail, trail equipment guides and park fees
- Learning materials and printed workbooks
- One on one coaching and online calls
- A range of valuable pre and post programme support
Why Do This Course?
The Skills You'll learn
Needing the experience to find a job .... overcome this hurdle by creating your own work experience.
Expose you to a range of options in the environmental and social entrepreneurship sectors ...avenues that you've probably not thought of.
Learn the real-world critical skills (the stuff you won’t learn at university) and have a “plan B” for your future, your own business!
We believe EVERY young person should have the basic skills needed to plan and run a small business.
Modules. From brewing an idea to launching your social enterprise
Of experience and practical knowledge packed into this program.
Over 150 small businesses and social enterprises supported
Looking for a career in the environmental sector? Can't find a job because you have no experience? Not sure what direction to follow and options available to you?
Be Work Ready | Add Value | Stand Out | Social Entrepreneurship | Have a Plan B
We receive 20+ CV’s from environmental graduates every week. We’d love to be able to offer everyone experience and a chance. But running a business and employing new staff is not a simple task. Put yourself in your potential new employer's shoes, as a new graduate, what value can you offer, what experience can you bring?
You need the experience to get a job, but you can’t get a job without experience. We get it, we understand your frustration. We were there once too.
So we have designed this program as a pit stop to help young people find their niche (a niche is critical) ….. help you stand out and position you as a person that a potential employer will take a risk on.
We teach you ways that you can add value and bring something to the table. And most importantly, making a plan B, what if you can’t find work, what skills, interests and opportunities exist for you in the world of social entrepreneurship. Starting your own business venture or project or non-profit. This is a brutal reality but we believe every young person should be thinking about a plan B and keeping the option of being self-employed on the burner.
Ultimately, we want to help you find the best version of yourself, sell yourself, get a clear direction, get a plan and help you find a niche and start building a future!
The program has been carefully crafted with the Wilderness Leadership School and our team with a combined 50+ years of experience in the ecotourism and environmental sectors…… We’ll teach you:
- What every employer thinks when they see your CV and questions they ask themselves
- How to write proposals, how to pull together tenders, how to design and manage projects. All valuable keys to unlocking interest from a potential employer and critical skills in the environmental world.
- Unearth your USP’s, what makes you different, how can you leverage this in your CV and job applications
- Learn about social entrepreneurship and why young people are flocking to this new way of doing business and making a difference
- Everything you need to know to start your own project or business venture, from planning, feasibility, financial management, marketing and more. Take a project from a mere idea to a fully-fledged social entrepreneurship venture.
- Learn critical marketing skills, leave with your own website and web design skills, somewhere you can share your story and create a buzz.
- We work through a pile of key life skills, networking, dealing with fears, planning and goal setting, working your CV and online profile, making connections with the right people and ultimately making you more than a graduate looking for a job to someone who has something valuable to offer.
- How to “package and sell yourself” and connect with new opportunities you’ve probably never heard of
- Be exposed to a wide range of alternative careers and career angles in the environmental sector (there’s a lot more to it than you probably think)
- Valuable skills such as financial management, budgeting, networking, business management, project management and planning. Find out why these are all surprisingly important skills in the environmental sector and important skills for young people to have under their belts.
- A range of useful bush skills and outdoor skills ....all with a purpose.
We have loads of fun too, spending nights under the stars in a big five game reserve, visit local villages, learn valuable survival and resilience skills and be exposed to a range of people who can help you along your journey!
But most of all, we want you to come out of this expedition with a whole new approach, new choices, new opportunities and a path in the right direction.
To be accepted on our program we start out by scheduling a 30-minute video call. This is just to ensure you’re a good fit for the program, we’re a good fit for you and give you a chance to ask any questions and give us chance to get to know you a bit.
When you leave the course, we want you to have a better understanding of yourself and where you are going. We want you to have a plan, a plan for now and a big dream for the future. We want you to be able to start carving your niche the very next day. We want you to feel inspired and have hope for the future. If we get this right, then we also have hope. Come join us! We have a limited number of new students each month to ensure we're able to focus our attention on your individual needs.
Founder Unearthed Academy
Contact Us To Find Out More
Lets schedule a call to decide if this is a right fit for you!